Friday, January 12, 2007

Stock Portfolio Ending 12 Jan 2007

Over the week, Totomaster's stock portfolio again posted a negligible gain of 0.11% compared to a drop of 0.10% on the Main Composite Index. Three of my counters closed unchange while the remaining one closed slightly up while the other one vice versa. During the week, profit taking on blue chip counters was very much evident. The CI made a low of 1,103 points before closing back up at 1,119 points. However, on the broader market, the Second Board & Mesdaq made some gains of over 1% week on week. In the same period, oil prices has also fell to a fresh low of USD 52 per barrel this week. Has the rally shifted to the 2nd liners & will the continuous fall of this "black gold" be the impetus for a bigger rally?

As my exposure on LIONDIV is the highest for now, I am kind of concern over its price performance recently. LIONDIV continues to drift lower over the mid of the week, made a low of RM5.45 but manage to crawl back up to close unchange week on week. I hope the worse is over for LIONDIV for now. I should not have bought LIONDIV in a hurry prior week without taking a further look at the technical side of it. If I have done so, I would have bought LIONDIV at a lower price!! The point I am trying to make here is one should be sound in both its TA & FA to get a better entry price into any respective counter, and this is what I should be improving on. It will make me look like a fool if I am to make the same mistakes in the future.

No comments: