Saturday, January 20, 2007

Stock Portfolio Ending 19 Jan 2007

Last week, Totomaster's stock portfolio again underperformed the general market with a gain of 1.80% compared to the KLCI gain of 2.54%. During the week, I have made a disposal of WCTLAND @ RM0.84 and FABER @ RM0.63 at a gain of 20% and 5% respectively while making a purchase on TAWIN. The reasoning behind the disposal is I would like to streamline my portfolio for the coming 12 months and still in the midst of looking out for better investment opportunities that offer higher returns. I had a couple of them at hand but still require more analysing before I make my move. Of course, if I can't get any, I can always get back into those I had sold off earlier if the price retraces down to a more comfortable level. Over the week, 1 counter in the portfolio advanced, 2 declined and 1 remain unchanged.

LIONDIV made a good rebound from previous week back above the RM6.00 mark. In the week, LIONDIV has finally made an official announcement that they have purchase a 9% stake in Polaris, Australian mining firm for exploration in iron ore. Parkson Hong Kong share price has finally breached the HKD40.00 mark and trending up. With its huge cash hoard of more than RM1 billion, it is definitely a steal at current price. I am getting pretty excited wondering what will the coming quarterly results have to offer. In the meantime, BJTOTO continue with its downtrend and consolidation, I am still hoping it would trend further down to collect more of it.

With the transactions over the week, my cash balance has risen to RM20,579.56 leaving my exposure to equity at acceptable level of 78.49%. I would definitely pour the remaining balances that I have back to the equity market as I believe that every of my dollar and cent should be working hard for me!!

No comments: